- A smile adds a great deal of face value.
- The first duty of love is to listen. Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.
- Always remember that strength is attained by meeting resistance. A contented person is someone who can enjoy the scenery along a detour. Education is what’s left over after you've forgotten all the facts. It’s all right to hold a conversation...but let go of it now and then. No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. An ounce of don’t and don’t-say-it is worth a pound of didn’t-mean-it.
- A minute is a little thing, but minutes make the day. So crowd in some kind deeds before it slips away.
- Live your life so you don’t have to hide your diary.
- It isn’t necessary to blow out the other person’s light in order to let your own light shine.
- If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
- Happiness is living each day as though it were the first day of a marriage and the last day of vacation.
“And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of people that these liberties are a gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with HIS wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.”
“It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.”
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
“To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.” “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
“When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.”
Lent is not just a season of penance or denial but a continuing process of turning away from evil and reaffirming faith in God and goodness.
Lent is a season of opportunity for developing good habits that will serve you well forever after.
Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart,
A smile is a sign of joy, and a hug is a sign of love.
A laugh is a sign of happiness.
And a friend like me?
Well that’s just a sign of good taste!
We’ll be friends until I’m senile,
And then we will be new friends.
“We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties ofheaven; we have been preserved these many years inpeace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers,wealth, and power as no other nation has ever grown.But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracioushand which preserved us in peace and multipliedand enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainlyimagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that allthese things were produced by some superior wisdomand virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success,we have become to self sufficient to feel the necessityof redeeming and preserving grace, too proud topray to the God that made us.”~ Abraham Lincoln
For every pain that we must bear,For every burden, every care,There's a reason.For every grief that bows the head,For every teardrop that is shed,There's a reason.For every hurt, for every plight,For every lonely pain-racked night,There's a reason.But if we trust God as we should.It will all work out for our good.He knows the reason.