- 2whole bone-in chicken breast, or 4 split breasts, trimmed of excess fat, about 3 pounds total
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Herb or spices for the butter, such as minced garlic or parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat an oven to 4500F. Line a broiler pan with foil and set a rack on top of it. In a small bowl, combine the butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. If desired, add herbs and other flavorings to the butter.
2. Season the both sides of the chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper. Using a finger,
carefully loosen the skin from the meat and slide the butter underneath it. Using the back of a
spoon, carefully spread the butter evenly under the skin of each breast.
3. Rub the skin of each breast with vegetable oil. Place the breast on the rack and roast until the skin is golden brown and the meat is cooked through, 30-35 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
• 1 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 Pound Roaster Chicken
• 1 stalk celery
• 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 tbsp. butter or margarine softened, divided
• 1 onion quartered
1. Preheat oven to 475 F. Slice celery. Sprinkle inside cavity of chicken with thyme and salt; add 1 teaspoon butter, sliced celery and onion. Rub outside of chicken with remaining butter. 2. Tuck wing tips under back of chicken. Place chicken breast side-down on rack in roasting pan. 3. Add enough water to cover bottom of pan. Roast for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 F. Roast for 20 minutes longer. 4. Turn chicken breast-side up. Roast until chicken is browned, about 30 minutes longer. Until juices run clear. Serves 4.
• 8 to 9 chicken drumsticks and thighs
• 1 onion, cut into chunks
• 1 small green pepper, cut in chunks
• 3 tbsps vegetable oil
• 1 can (1 pound 12 Oz.) whole tomatoes
• 3 tbsps brown sugar
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1/2 tsp thyme
• 1/2 tsp oregano
• 2 tsps finely chopped lemon peel
• 6 to 8 lemon slices
1. Process onion and green pepper in food processor until pieces are 1/4 inch or smaller. Saute onion and pepper in oil in saucepan until tender but not brown. 2. Process tomatoes in food processor until coarsely pureed. Add to saucepan along with sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano. Simmer, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring often until slightly thickened. Stir in lemon peel. Sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to a week. 3. Arrange chicken legs on oiled grill, skin side up, 4 to 6 inches above hot coals. Grill 10 minutes, then turn. grill an additional 20-30 minutes, turning chicken pieces and brushing with BBQ Sauce often, until richly glazed and meat near bone is no longer pink. Place lemon slices on chicken for last 5 minutes of cooking and brush again with sauce. 4. Serve hot or warm with additional heated sauce to spoon over if desired. Serves 4 to 6
~ 24 Fresh Wings, Preferably Large Or Jumbo
~ 1 T. Cajun Foreplay
~ 1/3 Cup Olive Oil Or Canola Oil
~ 12 Oz. Dinosaur Sensuous Slathering BBQ Sauce Or Wango Tango
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. 2. Toss wings with oil, then add Cajun Foreplay. 3. Place wings on rack in roasting pan and cook in oven approximately 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours until meat is loose on the bone. 4. Remove wings from oven and turn broiler to high. 5. Toss wings in BBQ sauce or Wango Tango. 6. Place under broiler for approximately 2-3 minutes, then serve with a creamy bleu cheese dressing.